Signature Program: TALENT ACQUISITION
Acquiring talent is an art that belongs in business because it is the organizational centerpiece that fuels productivity and efficiency.
In business, we acquire other firms with great care – a vetting process complete with models that depict exactly how to attract, evaluate, negotiate with, bind and successfully integrate the new firm.
Similarly, we should be acquiring (not hiring) new people. And to be clear, we’re talking about top talent. Not just anybody who is above average, seems to have applicable experience and skills on paper and does well in an interview. Top talent is defined as “someone who has a 90% chance of achieving a set of outcomes that only the top 10% of possible candidates could achieve.” Studies show that knowing what to do is not the major challenge faced by leaders – finding who to do it is!
This trek is the result of more years than I care to reveal of helping companies of all sizes in what I call the Talent Acquisition Process.
With gear contributed by world renowned partners in evaluation and assessment, we will obtain objective “second opinions” to eliminate guesswork and gut instinct. By working together through a process that is designed to transfer the skills and methodology to you for future talent acquisitions, you’ll make recruitment outsourcing expenses unnecessary.
When you aim for peak development, every trek has a map of related climbs. For Talent Acquisition, the climbs are:
- Role Clarification and Position Design
- Acquisition Process
- Evaluation of A-List Candidates
- Integration for Synergy
Role Clarification and Position Design
- Examine Three Parts of the Mind
- Develop Key Competencies
- Create Behavioral and Motivational Standards
- Create Functional Requirements Standard
- Review sourcing options
- Apply Levels of Effort concept to interviewing
- Produce plan and timeline for interviews and evaluation
Evaluation of A List Candidates
- Administer behavior/motivators assessment
- Administer functional requirements assessment
- Analysis, summary and discussion
Integration for Synergy
- Debrief new talent acquisition on his/her reports
- Examine key working relationships in light of adapting behavior styles and instinctive ways of taking action